Spring flower coords

 Despite it being only barely March, it is already so warm where I live that flowers are popping up everywhere! In this time of the year I love taking the long route to any errands I have to run so I can enjoy the flowers. My city plants loads of them everywhere and some grow naturally so every patch of green is speckled with blue, purple, yellow and white. The other day I was thinking of coords to match with the flowers that grow around here and I decided to share it in a blogpost!

Snowbell

Snowbells are humble little flowers. I always loved how they hide their flowers by facing the ground, as if they're too shy to look up. For a flower so subtle and elegant I wanted to make a white gothic coord. Something equally subtle, elegant and almost melancholic. I loved the shoes for this because they're very chunky without being too gothy, and the green gives it a nice springy feeling.

Hyacinth

Hyacinths come in lots of colours, from pink to yellow to cornflower blue, but the ones I always saw around in spring were blueish purple. Those are the ones I'll be building a coord around. The colour and the little demure flowers remind me of classic lolita, but a rich frivolous kind of classic. A little Victorian lady whose only toned down trait is the shade of her dress. The socks are of course whole OTKs, for whatever reason Mary Magdalene had no better pictures of this colourway.


Crocus

These little guys are the epitome of spring flowers to me! When the first sunrays hit the ground they pop up everywhere around my house. I wanted a very sweet coord for them because of in how many colours they come and how they can brighten up a massive area with how they grow in clustered and in big number, but at the same not too frilly because crocuses are simple and fragile little flowers. I ended up going for an "OTT sweet lolita on a casual day out"-vibe.
(also this is the part where I realized I forgot to add bags to the previous two, oops!)



Daffodil

I feel daffodils are very oldschool flowers. They're weird little guys, but they're very pretty! They're unique, and the legend of narcissus that relates to the Latin (and Dutch!) name really feels like something that fits in an oldschool lifestyle. Maybe reading ancient Greek legends with a cup of tea while rain hits the roof. I tried to go for something 1998-ish, when lolita was slowly but surely morphing into the style we know today, but still with a punky vibe. I have no idea if I succeeded, I've never coorded something this oldschool, but I did my best!

Sambucus

Shh, this one is secretly a weed! I still like them though because they have lovely little flowers that grow in big clusters, smell delicious and attract loads of bees, and they make edible berries that can be turned into syrup. I wanted to make a classic but sweet-leaning coord that would seem simple at first look but has lots of little details sprinkled around, like the corset lacing on the blouse collar and the heels on the shoes. I also tried not to just take the colour of the flowers, so I took this lovely powdery blue jumperskirt instead. I intended to have the bag in the blue colourway for this coord but they didn't have a stock picture, so I took the red one for the picture. The many flowers are intended to pile onto an updo.
(also fun tidbit, I just took this picture of lace tights because I liked the texture, but turns out they're Versace and cost $575 secondhand. Ouch!)

I had intended for this post to be a little longer, but I had to cut it short (ish, it's still long lol) because I'm leaving for Japan in a few days! I want to try and keep blogging, but considering my phone is an ass to Blogger I can't promise that. If not, I'll probably post a haul and pictures afterwards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bodyline review

Why gyaru died and lolita lives

Fukubukuro shopping, luckiest luckypack ever?