Semi-recent coord shots

I've been wanting to make a post like this for ages, but unfortunately I'm extremely inconsistent with taking coord pictures! I like taking them, I just consistently forget or think "I'll do it later"and then don't, or one designated person takes them and then forgets to upload them. I go to lots of meetups, I wear lolita a ton, yet I have very little coord pictures. So these aren't all recent, some are several years old, but I still figured it would be fun to upload them!

One of my oldest coords period, possibly five years old! For a Metamorphose meetup. I still quite like this one, but I'd go with OTKs if I were to wear this again because the skirt of this dress is very short and I feel it creates an awkward gap. The white frill under the dress is an underskirt to hide that I didn't have a petticoat of decent length yet, not the actual petti so no worries!
(also, so little makeup! Even with oldschool I wear far more today)

Another oldie, for a christmas event some four-ish years ago. It's hard to see but I put tinsel in my hair and I thought I was being super duper extra lol. Still like this coord, would wear again, but not as a super fancy outfit for a super fancy event.

To keep up with the oldschool theme, a coord which I wore for a tiny local cons fashion show. While I love how the picture on the left came out it turned out I had zero pictures of the entire outfit, so I had to add in the crappy one on the right. Please excuse my messy bedroom and the bad quality, it was originally a just quick snap for a friend.

Ahh the coord shot curse, I had to clip all of these from group pictures. Leftmost is from a summer event that was hot as hell, so very very casual, middle coord is also from a hot as hell summer event (I put on the jacket just for pictures), rightmost is from hanging out with some friends. Face covered because while the shot itself was nice my expression was somethin' else.

Various pictures of me not looking at the camera. Getting more recent, these are at most 1.5-2 years old. Leftmost for a picknick in spring, middle for a high tea in autumn and rightmost for a chocolate high tea. Both the theme and the high tea itself were chocolate centered, I probably ate around 5000 calories worth of chocolate cake and bonbons that day. Worth it! It was also the first outing of Chess Chocolate after I altered it, I reworked the straps because they were suuuper wide and kept falling off my shoulders. Luckily I got very good responses to it.

Another picknick picture, Olga and I turned out to accidentally match our outfits! 

And more twinning with Olga, this time on purpose. She handmade her cutsew to match mine during a heatwave, which is dedication I could only wish to have. If you're interested, Olga is on Instagram as @olgamariska!

Pink! Left is quite old, for a 20's themed party. I did my makeup as accurately 20's as possible, but unfortunately I have no pictures of it. I was very proud of it so that's a bit of a bummer. Right is from just a few days ago when I attended Strike A Pose and I really wanted to wear my newest baby out. Hair could be nicer but I completely forgot to get my bangs cut because I'm a dumb goose. The girl on my left is @mimi.uwu on Insta, she's adorable, go follow her.

My second newest outfit and another new baby. I know lots of people are sick of Holy Lantern by now and I too would be very happy if they never re-released it again, but I still love it as a print. I never usually buy stuff brand new, but I absolutely fell in love with this new grey colourway and I was afraid they might not re-release it later. Time will tell if that was a good decision but either way I'm very happy to have this lovely dress!

This post felt a little weird to make to be honest. I never share pictures of myself so uploading them in bulk feels almost narcissistic! However I know many lolitas love seeing coord shots and I myself love looking at coord pictures of others, so I'm gonna go for it regardless. I would be very happy if I could give someone inspiration for coords for themselves!

Comments

  1. I love coord shots so this post was excellent! I also especially enjoy it when bloggers share their coords, it's like getting to know you just a tiny bit ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it? I personally like seeing how people show their personal style in coord shots :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's a great turnaround for sharing your Strike a Pose event pictures. You looked great, I love how you brought out the blue hues in CTP. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why gyaru died and lolita lives

Bodyline review

New Bodyline releases