Bodyline review



A few weeks ago I wrote about Bodyline's newest pieces, and I immediately made a purchase as there were two sales at the same time(!!) and I adored one of the new dresses. I said I'd do a review when it came in, and here it is!


First item: pumpkin lace drawers (item code LGDW-0002X). Somehow in all the years I've worn lolita, I only ever bought white bloomers! I always wanted a black pair, just because matching head to toe makes me very content. I loved the look of these with the lace edges. The lace is soft and thick, if not super detailed. Surprisingly the ribbon isn't actually threaded in, it's simply sewn on, and it has some extra space to pull together to give a gathered effect on the sides. They are true peeking bloomers, reaching my knees (for reference, I'm 162 cm/5'3"). The ribbon does make the legs quite tight, you can't pull them up to make them shorter and they might be too tight if you have bigger thighs.


Secondly this guy, classical flower stripe jumperskirt (LGJS-0133X) which actually has been on the website for years! I always skipped it because it looked pretty ugly in the stock photos, but the new ones made me do a doubletake. It reminded me a bit of those Victorian Maiden dresses and for some $30 I was willing to take the gamble. It's really nice! The ribbon used is all grosgrain and it has channels to pull up the front which I planned to remove, but after I saw that one side up looks super elegant I might just keep them in. The print isn't matched up super well, but it is nicely centered on the straps. It did come with waist ties, which I forgot to photograph. I'm not a fan of them either way so I might turn them into matching headwear.

 
Little print closeup (surprise cats!) and pearl buttons for the waist ties. Also a nice surprise was the ruffle at the bottom, which isn't a ruffle at all but a full chiffon underskirt! The fabric is very soft. The main striped fabric is slightly rougher, probably a polyester, but still nice.

Finally, the pièce de résistance:

This blue gingham cherry jumperskirt (LGJS-0134X)!  LOVE this dress. The print is even more AP-looking in real life thanks to the stripey bows, glossy fruit and the pink undertones. The bows on the bodice have a bit of a mind of their own so I'll tack them down eventually. Something not very visible in the stock photos is that the straps are actually fully shirred!


Some details: corset lacing on the back (this one has satin ribbon), pearly buttons again (these are actually different from the ones above, these are bright white whereas the others are more creamy), and bows on the skirt which unlike the bodice ones are fully tacked down already. This dress is fully unlined, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Now something I'm less happy with is how my waist ties arrived. Both of them are pretty heavily stained, which they tried to hide by placing the stained fabric on the back. One of them also has a pretty big strip of iron-on fusible lining right on the front, which I won't be able to remove. Personally I'm a bit miffed, but again I never wear waist ties so I'll just make these into a headbow. However I can imagine some other people would be a lot more pissed!


 A quick mirror selfie to show what the blue dress looks like worn. The skirt is nice and full and has a lovely cupcake shape- please ignore the squashed side where it's pressed against the bed, I had issues getting the whole dress into frame. The blue is very nice, it has a very slight yellow/green undertone much like Angelic Pretty's sax blue so it works well with their pieces. Thanks to all the shirring it's very comfortable, it makes for a great summer dress. The issues with the waist ties aside, it's a lovely dress well worth the price!
Pictures of the other pieces will follow when I get around to wearing them out!

Comments

  1. It's a shame that even though Bodyline improved their stock pictures, they're still not really doing their pieces justice. At least the lolita ones, I feel like the more casual kawaii clothes (like cutsews and hoodie dresses) have stock pics that represent the products well. And everything you got looks great! It's good that your gamble paid off and that sax gingham cherry dress will definitely be great for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh both dresses look actually pretty good, nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why gyaru died and lolita lives

Fukubukuro shopping, luckiest luckypack ever?