Favorite thing to put on my head

The next post in the challenge is one I love, my favourite thing to put on my head! That's a total no-brainer for me, it's rectancle headdresses. I have a load of hair accessories, from barettes to ful sized headbows to veils, but none make me feel as pretty and 'me' as a rectangle headdress. I got interested in them when I was still researching lolita as a style, it was this post in particular that piqued my interest. All I'd seen up to that point were head-eating bows, and these headdresses were so different. They were cute, but also feminine and toned down, and I absolutely loved the lace used on the ones Caro picked. I immediately dreamt of having a collection like that! When I went to my first meetup a short while later, which was a swap meet, I told myself I wasn't going home without one.
I ended up buying this Victorian Maiden one. It ended up being the hardest headdress I would ever own to coord, because of the white X offwhite colourway and the Alice in wonderland theme. Nevertheless, I love the design of it even today, and it makes me nostalgic for the day I discovered rectangle headdresses and the excitement I felt reading up on them.

Today, I have a whole slew of them, just like I dreamt of! I keep them rolled up in a box next to my other hair accessories. I took some pictures but the quality isn't 100%, sorry! It was kinda dark already and because my mother is lightly insane we have a chandelier for a living room lamp, which ended up casting shadows on the table. Regardless, I hope you enjoy my little collection!



My big poofy headdresses, top to bottom: handmade (not by me!), BTSSB, Bodyline, Bodyline, BTSSB.


My sleek headdresses, again top to bottom: AP, IW, VM and AP.

What about you? What's your favourite hair accessory? Do you prefer the classic head-eating bow or is your taste more unconventional?

Comments

  1. My favourite accessory is a bonnet, I love bonnets. However, since they can be a bit much, I wear headbows a lot more often. A nice side headbow works really well for me. Although one day I'll be brave and will find myself a nice sleek rectangle headdress, they're really growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, bonnets are lovely! It's a shame you can't wear them day to day as well though, they're indeed quite something! And you really should, in my opinion rectangle headdresses are the most wearable and easiest headdress out there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodyline review

Why gyaru died and lolita lives

Fukubukuro shopping, luckiest luckypack ever?