New Bodyline releases



As many will know, Bodyline switched ownership a while ago. Gone is the questionable mister Yan, gone is the 2004-looking website (nicely traded in for a 2010-looking one), and the new owners replaced many of the old terrible stock photos with new ones. And they added a bunch of new items that honestly don't look like Bodyline in a good way! They still seem to be looking at what works and what doesn't, as they released some new dresses in just one or two colours and only one or two options of new accessories. In this post I want to take a look at some of their new stock.

Gorgeous? Gorgeous. If I'd see someone wear this at a meetup I'd guess it's one of Angelic Pretty's many cherry prints rather than Bodyline! The print is pretty repetitive with only a few copypasted cherries, but it has a lot of details like little ribbons on the cherry stems and the fruit looks so juicy and plump the way it's drawn. The bodice also has lovely detailing and the lace looks very nice! I'd say this is well worth the price of 8239 yen! My only complaints are that the bows on the bodice aren't tacked down (but that's five minutes of work) and the fact that it only comes in sax. I love sax, but I'd love to see this dress in other colours too.

This dress reminds me a lot of Metamorphose! I think it's the bold colours in the print, the busy pattern and the yellow colourway. The print is candy bottles and other sweets and while it's not super up my alley I do think it's very cute! I'm very excited to see more pale yellow as I think it's a very underrated colour in lolita. Unfortunately this dress has a pretty plain bodice, probably because the print is so busy already, and the waistbow looks extremely big and floppy. My guess is that it's detachable, but if I'd buy this dress I'd sew it down. Like the cherry print, this one also costs 8239 yen.

Next up is this absolutely gorgeous veiled canotier! Just look at that detailing. Had I not found this on the site myself I would've never believed this is Bodyline. It has a very BTSSB vibe in my opinion. I'm not a huge fan of the stars on the veil itself which I feel would limit the coords you could make with it, but I love that the veil is detachable! It comes off on a little daisy lace covered hairpin, meaning you could pair it with any other accessories you already have. This canotier is 3289 yen, which I think is very fair for a piece this detailed. If it really were BTSSB you would likely be paying double.

Now for some pieces that I think are cute but are missing something, this cookie dress. While cute, it is a one on one design replica of BTSSB's Princess Shirring jumperskirt! I know it's difficult to say pieces this simple are replicas, but this is a straight up design replica, from the lace and lace placement to the bustle to the straight panel of fake shirring in the back. Now the design *is* very simple so I'd still buy it if it came in different prints, as this cookie one is too busy for me. Though at again 8239 yen, I feel that with a little digging you could buy a real Princess Shirring (albeit not a cookie one!).

This dress has an AP thing going on as well, but I have two problems with it. One is the crazy wide chocolate bar on the hem, which is nearly as big as the actual print! I feel it would've worked a lot better had they cut that in half. My second is the bodice- it's so long and boxy! There isn't really anything going on to distract from it either. It's a shame because the fabric is very cute, the little chocolates floating around look delicious! Maybe if you have a longer torso this could work for you. It's 8140 yen, which is a price you won't be finding any AP chocolate prints at, at least.

And finally, to finish off this posts, a few items that really prove Bodyline will always be Bodyline.

A poor mans Nameless Poem! Poor lace choice does this poor dress no favours, especially the crosses on the skirt look awkward and chunky. Considering the amount of nun dresses on the market, you can find a far better looking one than this. A shame, as the design is solid.

Yes, these were in the lolita section! Do I even need to point out what's the problem here? These are both preorders, but considering they're currently being offered at 75% off I have a feeling they might not make it to production.

Oh dear. Oh boy. Oh lord. Not only does this not belong in the lolita section, this doesn't belong in any shop. Just. No.

All in all I'm pleasantly surprised by the new stuff! Sure there's some awkward pieces but hey, it's Bodyline. I actually already have an order coming my way, I just had to have that cherry dress! I'll do a review when it arrives! Lots of love and stay safe, everyone!

Comments

  1. Even if these aren't to my taste, I was quite happy to see their new releases, specially the cherry one. I do agree that it looks cute, I'd love to see it in other colorways, haha! The "nameless poem" version though... I hope someone is able to buy and transform it onto something pleasant to the eyes. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bodyline review

Why gyaru died and lolita lives

Fukubukuro shopping, luckiest luckypack ever?